Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Operation Utilize Supplies (OUS)

I have a confession to make.
I'm a craft hoarder. The reason why my office/craft space is such a terrible mess, and terribly out of order is because I can't seem to stop buying craft supplies of many, many different kinds. I can't seem to settle on one craft. Sigh. And after I buy more supplies, I wind up not using them because I don't want to waste anything. I don't want to screw up, make a mistake, and waste (gasp) the supplies.
I have paints. I have paper. I have old books for altered book projects. I have polymer clay. I have ArtClay Silver. I have tools. I have gold and silver leaf. I have a kit to make resin cabochons, etc. I have beads. I have findings. I have wire. I have fabric. I have yarn. I have embroidery supplies. I have soap supplies. I have old watches that I have taken apart. I have stamps. I have stamp pads, inks, dyes, scissors. Pretty much, it's almost a case of if you need it or want it, I have at least a LITTLE bit of it. Somewhere. I even have old Friendly Plastic pins that I can melt down and reuse. Pens, pencils, chalks, oil pastels. Really the list is quite endless.
Crashing head to desk.
I also have about a million half finished projects. Or a quarter finished projects. Or un-started projects. Okay you're getting the picture.
So what?
Well, I came across a group of friends on Plurk who suffer from the same problem! (Yeah, I know. No big surprise.... Crafters are an odd bunch.) And one person has stepped up and issued a "Rehab" for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. Hello my name is JewelledTrellis and I am a multi craft addict.

    Thank you for crafters rehab. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! lol We'll all get through this together! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete