Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake Recipe

I mentioned on Plurk this morning that I was going to make turkey noodle bake for dinner tonight.  Someone requested the recipe, so here it is!  Now, I know, I titled this "Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake", but I've discovered over the years that the two can be pretty much interchangeable, which is great for our family, since my hubby is a butcher, and we seem to go on "runs" of different kinds of meat.  Basically, it's whatever is on sale, discontinued, or being gotten rid of for whatever reason.

8 oz egg noodles uncooked
4 C hot water
4 chicken bullion cubes
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
6 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
pinch pepper
4 C diced, cooked chicken or turkey
3 tablespoons parsley flakes
2 C shredded cheese (I use cheddar, or whatever is onhand)

Preheat oven to 350 deg F.  Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain.  Dissolve bullion cubes in hot water and reserve.  In saucepan, melt butter or margarine; stir in flour and seasonings.  Slowly add reserved chicken bullion water.  Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.  Add all ingredients but cheese, tossing gently to mix.  Pour into a greased 13"x9"x2" pan.  Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Refrigerate any leftovers.  Makes 6-8 servings.

2 comments: