Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Cranberry Tea and the Common Cold

Okay, now you've done it. You've gone and caught a cold. Just like I have. Right now. Two weeks before one of my major craft shows. Oh BLEH!!! Now what do I do?
Increase my vitamin C and zinc intake. Check.
Drink lemon and ginger tea. Check.
Call my mom and have her bring over some regular old cranberry juice to make one of the best helps for a cold possible. CRANBERRY TEA!
Mom and I swear by it. It's warming, it's comforting, and it's chock full of all those groovy things like Vitamin C and anti oxidents and all that other good stuff that cranberries have. Plus, it is YUMMY, if you like cranberries.
There are two versions of the recipe here. One is the original, and one is the updated, easier version. Here they are:

ORIGINAL CRANBERRY TEA

4 C water
12 whole cloves
2 short cinnamon sticks
4 Tbls honey or sugar
4 regular teabags (black tea works best)
2 C cranberry juice

Heat water, cloves, cinnamon, and sugar to boil. Remove from heat, add tea bags, cover pan and allow to steep. When steeped for as long as you like, add cranberry juice, and reheat.


and now,
UPDATED CRANBERRY TEA

Follow recipe as above except OMIT the cloves and cinnamon sticks. Exchange the regular black tea bags for Chai tea bags. Make sure you use honey, not sugar.

That's pretty much it. It makes so darn much that while I am drinking my first cup, I will put the rest in the refrigerator. It tastes just as good in the microwave. It's a yummy treat on a cold day, or when you have a nasty cold.

(cough, hack, wheeze.... aaaahhhhh chooooo!!!!) Excuse me, I think I'm going to go start brewing the chai so that it will be ready when mom shows up with the cranberry juice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment