Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Beaded Branch's Dirty Secret...

In this post I am revealing the The Beaded Branch's Dirty Secret.

WARNING: Some of the photos might cause some people a great amount of anxiety, and stress, due to a TOTAL lack of organization!!!

After reading a bunch of the forums on Etsy, I started seeing all these people that had great crafting spaces, organized, clean, and neat.

I became jealous.

Here at The Beaded Branch we don't have one nice, neat craft area. We have four areas designated for our business that is comparable to a craft bomb going off in the middle of my house.

Here's the first area, the screened in porch. This is one of the favorite places to work for me and my hubby, especially during the fall and spring. In winter in can get really cold, and in the summer it can get really hot. But those are problems easily dealt with. However, right now, it is a mess, in dire need of organization and cleaning, as can be seen here:















As you can see from these pictures, life is NOT rosy. If you look close, there is a rotary tool stand and a bench vise that are waiting to be attached to the table. There are catalogs and magazines stacked all over the table, along with mail and trash that we were too lazy to throw away. SHAME ON US!!!!

On to problem area number two, the computer area, in the living room.














The computer area, is needless to say, a mess. Nothing has been filed. It's all piling up and I'm pretty sure that we're all going drown in paper eventually. There are even jewelry parts hiding in the wreckage of the paper avalanche. Disorganization at its finest!!!! Hang our heads in shame, once again.

Onto the third area, and can you tell that it's just getting worse. Hold onto your hats! Here's the dining room table horror:





Repulsive, isn't it? Piles of supplies, beads, tools, displays, and paperwork piled up on half the table (thank goodness our kids have their own table that they eat at, or in their high chairs!). That's a microwave cabinet over there in the corner on the left. THAT is supposed to be my workstation outside the office. You'll notice that it, too is covered in random "stuff" that needs to be sorted through and thrown out. I also have a jewelers tool chest on top, but there's nothing in it right now. FOR SHAME ON ME!!!!
And now, onto the greatest horror show of disorganization of all. The office. What is supposed to be my studio. My haven. My workplace, where I can go, shut the door, shut out the world, and create to my heart's content. Yeah. Right.








Ever try to create in a space like this? Our office has become a catchall for all sorts of junk, toys that need to be repaired, half finished projects, clothes that need to be repaired, jewelry supplies and tools, and goodness knows what all.
THIS IS GOING TO CHANGE!!!!
After seeing many organized, beautiful craft spaces, I have made a New Year's resolution to get this organized, de-stashed, stuff thrown out, and everything streamlined.
So why am I revealing The Beaded Branch's dirty secret? Because, I am going to chronicle right here on this blog everything that I do to get things back in working order!
Keep checking back for updates on Project "Clean Up This Godforsaken Mess!!!", and all the steps that happen as I travel down the road of organization.
Have a good evening, and I hope the pictures weren't to frightening.

3 comments:

  1. AACK! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SHOWED EVERYONE THE ORGANIZED CHAOS OF A WORK SPACE WE HAVE. LOL!!!!! I knew you were going to show the table but NOT THE OFFICE! ANYTHING BUT THE OFFICE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Well, I DID say it was our dirty secret!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You are a brave woman .. my "craft" room looks worse .. i can barely walk in it haha but stuff is usually extracted FROM there and strewn about the LR or DR! lol

    ReplyDelete